Viola Public Library Home
SYNC is a free summer audiobook program for teens 13+. SYNC 2020 will use Sora, the student reading app from OverDrive.
Steps to Access the Audiobooks
- Make sure you REGISTER for SYNC at www.audiobooksync.com.
- Get the Sora App to access free SYNC audiobooks. The app is available in the Apple App and Google Play stores.
- Borrow these titles in the Sora app before they are replaced by a new pairing on May 21st!
Join us online
for comments and feedback. Questions about the program? Please email SYNC help
Viola Public Library’s Contactless Curbside Materials Pickup Service
The library is offering curbside pickup, with certain limitations. Because of these limits, it will take time to meet demand. We thank you for your patience as we move forward with this process.
- Pick-ups must be scheduled. At this time, all requests must be placed with us by telephone (608.627.1850), email (email@example.com) or through the online catalog (see below).
- We are not receiving delivery from other libraries, requests can only be taken for items in the Viola Public Library. Search the catalog for VPL items at: https://swls.agverso.com/. If an item says “Available” at Viola Public Library you may request it online or when you call or email us.
- To only see your home library materials: Your Account — Your Preferences — Default Scoping Level. Change it to “Viola Materials”. Save. Now you will only see materials owned by Viola Library. Change the settings back once operations are back to normal.
- Five (5) items may be held at a time. If more are requested, the first five (5) items will be picked for you. Books, magazines, DVDs & audiobooks may be requested.
- No patron/library staff face to face interaction. Library staff must follow social distancing rules while in the library, thus limiting the number of curbside pick-up time slots. Demand may be high, so it may take a day or two for staff to get back to you. We may need a day to pull your items and get them ready for pickup.
Please call the Viola Public Library at 608.627.1850 to schedule a pick up. We are taking request calls:
- Tuesday & Thursday 10 am-12 pm & 1:30 pm – 4 pm.
- Wednesday & Friday 2:30 pm – 6 pm.
Pickup times will be scheduled every 15 minutes on Tuesday – Friday, 2-5 pm (If you cannot schedule during this time, please call us.)
NOTE: If you have a fever or do not feel well, do not come to the library to pick up your holds. Contact the library at 608.627.1850 to let us know you cannot make your pick-up.
If you miss your scheduled pick up date/time, your items will be removed from your account at the end of the day and you will have to re-request these holds over the phone with our staff unless you call by the end of the day to make alternate arrangements.
If you no longer need your held items, please let us know asap by telephone or email and we will remove them from your account. (ph: 608.627.1850; email: firstname.lastname@example.org )
These procedures must be followed when picking up your materials:
- When you arrive, remain in your car until it is your time slot and no other patrons are picking up their materials.
- At time of pick up, weather permitting, items will be placed on the chair outside of the library. If there is inclement weather, the “drop” location may be moved next to the entrance wall. Please call before arriving if weather conditions become questionable.
- Proceed directly to the chair, pick up your items and return to your vehicle or move away from the building. Do not go through your items near the pick-up area.
- There is no loitering or congregating in front of the library. If this occurs, our Curbside Service will be discontinued.
The book & DVD drops will be available to return items. Similar procedures apply:
- Stay in your car and do not approach the return drop if another patron is returning items.
- Place items inside the appropriate drop and move away as quickly as possible. Remember others are touching the drop handles, take precautions and sanitize appropriately.
- All library materials on our shelves will be quarantined for a minimum of 96 hours prior to being checked in, to ensure that there are no contagions on them.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court decision on Safe at Home DOES NOT change the status of the Viola Public Library. The building is closed to the public. Contactless Curbside Service is open.
As the building is closed, book donations will NOT be accepted. Staff will not accept in-person returns.
Viola Public Library’s Contactless Curbside Copy & Print Service
The library offers curbside pickup for your printing and copying needs.
- The library will use the curbside materials scheduling & pickup service protocols for delivery of jobs.
- The library will provide up to five copies at no charge; if you wish to make a donation or payment for more copies, please deposit it in the book or DVD drop.
- If you need copies from physical pages, they will need to be delivered to the library book drop and quarantined 72 hours before staff may handle them.
- Pick-ups must be scheduled using the curbside materials pickup procedures.
For more information, call or email the library at 608.627.1850 or email@example.com .
What’s Your Library Story?
Tell us your story!
* Tell us why the library is important to you.
* Tell us about a favorite service or program that made a difference in your life.
* Tell how the library and staff are useful to you.
NOTE: Required fields include Your Library, Your Story, and the Permission check box